Find your Facebook feed URL.
Find your export feed URL for Facebook by going to your Shoppingfeed account - > Facebook channel - > Settings tab - > Source Feed: https://export.shopping-feed.com/stream/...
Сopy the URL to your clipboard.
IMPORTANT: You first need to configure the Channel (Selection tab - turn the products on and assign corresponding categories; Settings tab - basic settings to include out-of-stock products, variations, and newly created products automatically; Field Mapping tab - map your Shopify attributes with the attributes available in the Facebook feed (optional)).
Once done - hit the Update button and wait for 5-10 minutes. You can proceed with the Catalog setup on Facebook after that.
To create the feed in your Facebook Business Manager, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your Business Manager account;
- Access the Commerce Manager page;
- Expand the Catalogue tab and open your Data Sources tab.
- On that page kindly click on the Add New Feed button.
- Choose Upload Option as Scheduled feed and hit Next;
- Paste your feed URL for Facebook and hit Next;
- Schedule your feed updates and hit Next;
- Name your feed and define the default currency for your feed. Then hit Upload;
- Review the error report on Facebook in 30 minutes.
Replace schedule versus Update schedule
There are two settings for your upload schedule. You can choose to either replace your previous file during each upload or just update it.
With Replace Schedule, your new file completely overwrites all the information in your previous file. It adds new items, updates existing items and deletes any items that aren't in the new file. Replace is the default if you set a schedule when you upload a new data feed for the first time.
With Update Schedule, your new file adds new items, updates existing items and ignores any items that haven't changed or that have been removed from the file. No items will be deleted from your catalog unless you leave them in the file and mark them for deletion. For faster file processing, we recommend an update schedule.
You can have multiple data feeds uploading to your catalog, and you can use either type of schedule for any of them, depending on your needs.
Got any questions? Contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org