This is now mandatory on B2B sales platforms and in southern Europe. It's always good to stay ahead of the game and be aware of these changes, right?
In fact, in just a few years, the law plans to make invoicing compulsory for all orders in France. If you'd like to learn more about the upcoming legal developments in France, you can check out this link: https://entreprises.service-public.fr/actualites/A15683
How does this work ?
Shoppingfeed allows you to send invoices to your Buyers directly through your Shoppingfeed account (or via the API ).
On the “ Orders " page, when you open any order, you can click on the new “Add an invoice” button at the top right corner (only available for platforms that require this):
Then, a new window will open up, offering you to select the needed file to send to the marketplace:
You have the opportunity to browse through the files on your device and select a PDF file to send. You can send multiple invoices at once, which will save you time and effort.
And don't worry, if you need to send the second invoice later, you can absolutely do that too. We've got you covered!
Once the document is uploaded to Shoppingfeed, you will see a confirmation message:
This confirmation states that Shoppingfeed has queued up the document to be sent to the marketplace.
When it comes to sending invoices, it's a process that takes place in the background and will not happen immediately after you click the button. The operation goes into a queue on our ticket API and is usually completed a few seconds later.
Once the process of transmitting the invoice between Shoppingfeed and the marketplace is finalized, you will notice a new entry appearing at the bottom right corner. This entry will include the following details:
- The document that has been sent, which you can refer to if needed.
- The status indicates whether it has been successfully sent or if there was a failure.
- The date and time when the document was sent.
- For the first few weeks, this feature will only be available for Mirakl marketplaces. - Make sure the file is in "pdf" format. This will ensure smooth processing.
- The file size should not exceed 5MB.
- You can upload one or more invoices at once for the same order.
- Send the invoices at any time, as long as the order is created in Shoppingfeed.