The fields management page aims to provide you with maximum possibilities and flexibility to manage the fields of your product catalog (source feed) and even create new virtual ones.
The 'Fields' tab in the Catalog section allows you to see the exhaustive list of fields that make up your product catalog on the Shoppingfeed application:
List of fields
The table in which your fields are listed contains several columns:
- The first column displays the field name
- The second tells you:
- Or the Shoppingfeed field to which your field is attached (if it is not mapped, no information is displayed).
- Or, for virtual fields only, the static value of the field (if you have assigned a default value to it). Static values are surrounded by [ ].
- The last column shows the source the field came from (see below).
The fields in your Shoppingfeed catalog can have different sources:
- They can come from your Main Feed. These are the fields that are imported by Shoppingfeed and which constitute the basis of your product catalog.
- They can come from your Additional Flows if you have them. These are fields that are added to your products via the import of these additional flows.
- They can also be virtual fields, which you can create directly via this page.
Note that the list of your fields displays:
- first, all the fields coming from your main feed,
- then the fields from your additional feeds (if you have any)
- and finally, your virtual fields.
You can choose, via the "Source" filter, to display the fields coming from each source:
You also have a search bar to find your fields by name:
Finally, you can also search for field associations on the Shoppingfeed side.
Creating virtual fields
You can also manage virtual fields through this functionality. To create a new virtual field, click on 'Create virtual field':
In the pop-up window, enter the name you want to give it (required), and add a static value if necessary (this is optional, you can leave the "Original value" field empty to create a rule for assigning it a dynamic value later).
Once done, click "Save", the pop-up will close and your new field will appear in the list:
If you wish to modify the value of one of your Virtual fields (only the value can be modified), go to the line of the field in question, and click on the three small dots to display the 'Edit' button:
Next, change the value as desired, and click "Save":
You can also choose to delete a virtual field. To do this, click "Delete", then confirm in the pop-up. Please note, that any deletion is permanent: